Delicious summer drinks to quench your thirst.
Tea is not just a drink, but it holds love, culture and life. It is something that connects all of us in one single bond. In India, tea is something that starts your day, keeps you moving during the day, refreshes you in the evening and finally de-stress you after a long tiring day. Over a cup of tea we discuss everything on the globe. Relations are bonded forever over a cup of tea, the most important decisions are taken over a cup of tea and much more.
Just take some time out after you read this article over a cup of tea and imagine the hard work that has gone behind getting this charismatic drink in a cup to your hand. Take a sip and imagine the workers spending hours and month to carefully nurture the plantations, carefully plucked each leaf and done everything to give you this magical moment. Take a pick on this International Tea Day, to understand what the tea workers deliver to us, what is more than a drink to us.
Naad Wellness is a holistic wellbeing center located in Sonipat, proximity to Delhi NCR. Naad Wellness features experiential (Detox, Destress, etc) and medical packages (Diabetes Management, PCOS management, Spine Care, Sports Injury Management, etc). Naad Wellness is rooted in the ancient principles of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, they provide therapies and services restore balance to five senses and help tune into a sound you.
I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 days stay at this beautiful yet relaxing property. I also tried Aerial Yoga for the first time at Naad Wellness. It increases full-body flexibility and strength. The hammock itself allows you to go deeper into the stretches and poses, further enhancing full-body flexibility #AerialYoga. This might look easy but was very difficult and would not have been possible without the experts at Naad.
We did yoga, meditation and various therapies like Abhyanga (the most popular massage in Ayurveda done with warm oil), Shiroabhyanga (complete massage of the head, neck, and shoulders using Ayurvedic herbal oils. It promotes better sleep, body gets strengthened, improves concentration), Swedish massage (It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing), tried the Himalayan Salt Cave (inhale the dry salt-enriched air deep down into their lungs which clean the lungs, promote better breathing, healthier skin, good sleep, improve physical fitness and overall wellness), Padabhyanga (foot care is holistic and involves massaging the pressure points with herbal and medicinal oils) and much more. They have Reflexology Track (walking paths made of rocks turned on edge and closely packed together. It lowers blood pressure, stimulates reflex points, relieves stress, boosts energy)
Naad has kitchen garden with the ‘Farm to Fork’ concept and Chef Sahajan prepares most of the meals from fresh veggies and herbs plucked from their garden. Also had a cooking class with Chef and made Moong Daal Chilla. They focus on having colourful healthy food on your plate for a healthy balanced diet.
The outdoor pool was closed adhering to Covid-19 precautionary measures. Apart from these services, they have Salt Cave and Turkish Hammam. Continuous sanitization and safety measures were taken.
A must visit for everyone to take a break from our busy life. I highly recommend everyone to stay here especially senior citizens. Also watch Wellness Center Tour and my #Staycation video on Instagram @love_yourself_love_life
#NaadWellness #Naad #ForASoundYou #AyurvedicHealing #NaadTherapies #Immunity #ImmunityBuilding #Ayurveda #Yoga #Naturopathy #SelfCare #SelfLove
With the blistering days practically around the bend, it’s an ideal opportunity to prepare for the singing sun, heat consumes, sun strokes, drying out and some more. It doesn’t implies that summers are the long stretches of difficulty and medical problems, there is parcel that you can in any case appreciate on the summers, similar to the sea shore time, or pool time, or lake time, evening excursions and substantially more.
As the start of the new season could be very dubious, it requires an adjustment in schedule, and off base a patched up diet and nourishment that prepares you for the forthcoming climate. The beginning of the warm season makes the body more powerless against specific ailments and consequently certain dietary rules must be followed to guarantee a solid approaching summer.
Here are sure nourishments that you should begin eating to forestall or decrease the dangers of becoming sick, before summers as well as all through the season.
Watermelon: Getting some of it is an incredible method to rehydrate. Watermelon contains practically 90% water, and is the best wellspring of malignant growth battling lycopene. Its high water content keeps you hydrated and cool in the warmth. The lycopene is an incredible component to shield your skin from sun harms.
Oranges: This citrus organic product is profoundly wealthy in potassium, an essential supplement for the summers. We lose a ton of potassium through our sweats in the hot months, causing muscle cramps. Eating oranges recharge the potassium misfortune and guards us from these spasms. It likewise contains 80% water that encourages us keep hydrated in the summers.
Freshly brewed iced tea: Zero calories and wealthy in cell reinforcements, teas likewise assists lessening with weighting and what could be a superior method to drink it than frosted in the sweltering climate.
Mixed fruit salad: Summers are the season for beautiful berries and other watery natural products. It is accepted that organic product eaters weigh not as much as individuals who don’t eat natural products. Plentiful in cancer prevention agents and nutrients, and a few, particularly berries, are stuffed with high strands.
Zucchini: It is an ideal summer veggie. It has zero fat and cholesterol, and 35% of your everyday suggested admission of Vitamin C.
Yogurt: This protein stuffed dairy ensure is particularly made for the summers. It fulfills the stomach as well as gets you far from pungent, high calories snacks by keeping you full. It likewise includes a few probiotics, a helpful bacteria that guides the stomach related framework working appropriately.
Hope this helps you to keep yourself cool and Beat the Heat!
Have been craving to go out and it’s been many months that I have been to a cafe. Found this gem online and thought of trying. Whiz Cafe delivers in South Delhi. Food was packed and labelled well.
Three Bean salad – Loaded with high protein legumes and fresh vegetables. This was tangy and bursting with flavours, also quite filling. Just loved it! MUST TRY!!
Chicken Sandwich – Toasted french bread was crisp and fresh stuffed with grilled chicken, lettuce, veggies and cheese. This sandwich was a serious deal and tasted top notch! Also it was served with potato wedges which were yum.
Spicy Aglio e Olio – Spaghetti cooked in olive oil with garlic, chilli flakes, fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. To be honest, I have not tasted anything so simple yet delicious! Being a hardcore non-vegetarian, this veg dish was an absolute winner. MUST TRY!!
Wild Mushroom Risotto – Risotto was cooked with assorted mushroom and garnished with parmesan shavings topped with truffle oil. Not a fan of risotto so it was quite average.
Chocolate Cake – This cake just melted in my mouth. Best ending to this awesome meal.
I love how this cafe has maintained the quality of the food they serve. I am surely going to try more dishes from Whiz Cafe.
Also I’m glad to be a part of the #SupportLocalRestaurants and #VocalforLocal campaign. It’s time to support local restaurants and brands in these tough times.
Benefits of Eating Nuts Everyday
Nuts are considered very healthy and a great source of plant based proteins. High in protein, fiber and fats, have numerous and impressive health benefits if consumed daily as a part of a balanced diet. Research shows that raw and unsalted nuts are one of the best known food that can be added to our daily diet as they contain unsaturated fatty acids and other vital nutrients. They also make for a great snack food – inexpensive, easy to store and easy to carry on the go.
Some nutty fast facts:
- Nuts are known to reduce factors that cause cancer.
- Nuts are enriched with anti-viral properties.
- It is helpful in controlling blood pressure and maintain elasticity of the arteries.
- Are highly beneficial for overall health, particularly for our heart.
- Are rich in calories and fats.
There are variety of nuts and each has its own resource of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients, and it is thereby important to get to know what, which and how much to incorporate these nuts in our diets.
Health Benefits of having nuts daily
- Good for heart: Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in nuts are responsible for lowering LDL cholesterol levels. LDL are considered as bad cholesterol that develops as plaque on the artery walls, narrowing the arteries and blood vessels and thus resulting in high blood pressure. Nuts also are rich in fibers which lowers cholesterol and thereby, the risks of high blood pressure, heart diseases and stroke.
- Helpful against diabetes: Diabetics have higher triglyceride levels, and nuts naturally help in lowering these levels, thereby reducing the risk of developing diabetes. Nuts also are fruitful in stabilizing blood sugar levels due to the hormone adiponectin. This hormone is responsible for absorbing excess sugar from the bloodstream so that it can never get too high.
- Aids in weight loss: Nuts are a great food that keeps us fuller for a longer time frame and reduces food cravings. When substitute for meat and milk being high in protein and calcium controls those extra kilos that meat and milk adds due their high amounts of saturated fats. The high dietary fiber contents of nuts keeps our digestive track clean and boosts energy for more work out.
- Improves memory: The anti-oxidants found in nuts helps remove the toxins and heavy metals that clog our brain and improves memory and concentration.
- Fights cancer: Due to presence of toxins in our body the cells starts dividing unnaturally causing cancer. The anti-oxidant properties of nuts helps to get rid of body toxins and let the cells remain healthy, hereby, reduce the risks of cancer development.
Source: Ms. Sheela Seharwat, Dietitian. She is one of the youngest successful entrepreneur of India, and founder and head mentor of Diet Clinic Health Care Pvt. Ltd.
Below food items you may add in your diet for a healthy life
Identify what choices of foods you need to plan for your weight loss/diet plan. Write out meals or diet options accordingly. This will help you to give more energy as well as reduce your weight. This will plan your weight loss program and adjust accordingly. Food plays an important role in reducing weight. Hence, it is important to choose the right kind of foods for this program. In order your weight loss plan to be effective, you have to start believing your body and giving it responsibility of keeping you fit and healthy. Following are the foods, which you should add to your daily diet plan:
- Spinach- You should add spinach to your daily diet plan. It has rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which will help you to lose weight and again at the same time it reduces the risk of heart diseases. Spinach is packed with lutein compounds that fight macular degeneration. Make your salad with spinach and egg and maintain a healthy eating habit.
- Yogurt- this will help to boost your immune system and excellent probiotic organisms. You should add this to your daily diet plan for a spectacular result. This is rich in calcium and protein. This is light and low in calories.
- Tomatoes- a glass of tomato juice is very good for your diet plan. However, this will reduce the risk of coronary artery disease. By adding this food to your diet program, you will get a satisfactory result and a healthy body relevantly.
- Carrots- this vegetables work optimal for reducing weight and it is low in calories. Adding these vegetables to your daily eating plan, it can reduce inflammatory conditions and it is good for asthma. It has a low caloric density.
- Black beans- All beans are excellent for your heart, but black beans have the capacity to boost your brain and give you a healthy body and mind. It has full of anthocyanin, antioxidant compounds that have been shown to improve brain function. A daily 1/2-cup serving provides 8 grams of protein and 7.5 grams of fiber.
By choosing these diet plan foods, you can lose weight quickly and stay healthy and fit. You should eat healthy foods regularly and these foods are easily available and cost effective. A healthy diet can help you to prevent certain long-term chronic disease. This will help you to keep healthy as well. The suggestions may be different for every people, but including these foods to your diet program would help you to reduce weight in a certain manner.
You can trust on these foods and add it to your diet plan on a daily basis. You will see the immediate result. Your body needs energy and certain foods will give you energy and minimize your weight as well. It is essential to find the right kind of nutrient foods in your everyday diet. A balanced diet will help your body to stay healthy and fit.
For more updates join me on Instagram @love_yourself_love_life